Tag Archives for " anxiety "

Self Quiz: how good are your Stress Management Skills?

Do You Have the Stress Management Abilities Needed for Peak Performance and Optimal Health? A person’s own evaluation of his or her susceptibility to stress can be a powerful motivator for making the changes in diet and lifestyle necessary to manage stress more effectively. Work through the following checklist Doing so will help you to […]

Learn More

Chamomile for Sleep and Relaxation

Are you looking for a safe and effective way to promote peaceful, restful sleep? The herb chamomile is a great choice. It has a pleasant apple-like scent and sweet flavor so is great to use as a tea. Chamomile relaxes the central nervous system, reducing anxiety while not disrupting normal performance or function. Chamomile is an […]

Learn More

Mood balancing and Sleep Promoting Herbs: Kava Root

Excerpt from Dr. Susan Lark’s Healing Herbs for Women The kava plant is native to the Pacific Islands and is a member of the black pepper family. It thrives in warm, moist climates, where it grows abundantly, reaching a height of fifteen to eighteen feet. As a medicinal plant, herbal preparations are made from the root. […]

Learn More

Zinc

Excerpt from Healthy Diet and Nutrition for Women This mineral helps decrease anxiety and stress by facilitating the action of B vitamins, creating proper blood sugar balance as well as healthy immune function, digestion, and metabolism. Zinc is an essential trace mineral necessary for the absorption and action of vitamins, especially the anxiety and stress-combating […]

Learn More

Calcium

Excerpt from Healthy Diet and Nutrition for Women Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and 99 percent of it is deposited in the bones and teeth. (The other 1 percent of calcium is involved in blood clotting, nerve and muscle stimulation, and other important functions.) As a result, calcium is the most important […]

Learn More

Vitamin C

Excerpt from Healthy Diet and Nutrition for Women Vitamin C reduces capillary fragility and can help control or reduce heavy menstrual flow in susceptible women, particularly in teenage girls and in women who are transitioning into menopause. Vitamin C helps to strengthen and fortify blood vessels, thereby reducing heavy menstrual bleeding, particularly when taken with bioflavonoids. […]

Learn More

Vitamin B

Excerpt from Healthy Diet and Nutrition for Women Vitamin B complex consists of eleven separate B vitamins which are often found together in food. In many cases they participate in the same chemical reactions in the body, often needing to work together for the best results. Research conducted at UCLA Medical School shows that a lack […]

Learn More
>