Healthy detoxification is an important part of vibrant health and wellness!
Using the following checklist you can see which items apply to you and this can help you to determine whether your own system is working adequately.
Note: The checklist does not provide a definitive diagnosis of detoxification ability.
- My diet is high in sugar.
- My diet is high in fat.
- I tend to eat a lot of fast food.
- I regularly consume caffeinated beverages, including coffee, tea, and colas.
- I regularly consume alcohol.
- I regularly consume food additives and artificial sweeteners such as aspartame.
- I use excessive amounts of prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, and recreational drugs.
- I have been exposed to synthetic pesticides and herbicides.
- I have been exposed to industrial chemicals and cleaning agents.
- I experience brain fog upon waking in the morning.
- I am frequently unable to think clearly and use good judgment.
- I am often unable to remain calm under stress.
- I have difficulty socializing and mixing easily with people because of food and alcohol intolerances.
- I am often unable to perform tasks effectively.
- I suffer from chronic fatigue.
- I am often irritable.
- I have a tendency to be impatient, arrogant, and resentful.
- I often get angry when driving.
- I have an explosive or impulsive personality.
- I have vitamin and mineral deficiencies, especially the fat-soluble vitamins and vitamin B complex.
- I have high cholesterol.
- I have high levels of circulating estrogen.
- I am over seventy years old.
- I have frequent episodes of tiredness, dizziness, nausea, and a racing pulse.
- I have a marked distaste for oily foods.
- I experience soreness in the liver area under moderate fingertip pressure.
- I often have poor digestion, gas pains, constipation, and a feeling of fullness in the stomach and intestines.
- I have low levels of stomach acid and digestive enzymes.
- I have a history of hepatitis or other liver disease.
- I have had a diagnosis of heart disease, such as congestive heart failure, cardiac arrhythmia, enlarged heart, or coronary heart disease.
- I have a history of nervous-system diseases, such as polyneuritis.
- I generally lack resistance to infectious disease.
- I have a history of disease of the gastrointestinal tract, such as gastritis, esophagitis, pancreatitis, or ulcers.
- I have a history of gallstones.
If you would like to learn more about how to support healthy detoxification, I recommend you read my books Dr. Susan Lark’s Complete Guide to Detoxification and Dr Susan’s Juice Fasting and Detoxification Diets. You will find these are both excellent resources.